Coding is one of the highest art forms achieved by mankind; an idea - just an electrical impulse - is made real in an alternate electronic universe; the created idea however, does not have physical form, and yet can change the physical world; it cannot be touched, and yet may touch all mankind.
The computer programmer is a creator of universes for which he alone is the lawgiver. No playwright, no stage director, no emperor, however powerful, has ever exercised such absolute authority to arrange a stage or a field of battle and to command such unswervingly dutiful actors or troops. Joseph Weizenbaum
Getting started with Perl
- Accessing the Perl Programming Environment.
- Editing the Perl source code.
- Using Perl online.
- The Comprehensive Perl Archive Network (CPAN)
- Formatting numeric output
- Killing your program quickly
- Formatting a receipt
- Creating a web input form
- Using Term::Screen to control your CLI screen output and keyboard input
- The official Term::Screen test file - from which you can learn how to use the module components
- Drawing with CP437 characters
Perl Books (All from O'Reilly Books):
- Learning Perl
- Perl in a Nutshell (the 'official' book)
- Programming Perl
- Advanced Perl Programming
- Perl Cookbook
- Learning Perl on Win32
- Perl for System Administration"
Perl Modules Frequently Used
Perl Books (Not from O'Reilly)
Flowchart Tutorials (verrrry important):
- SDL perl
- OpenGL (Graphics) Programming
- 3D Graphics Programming In Perl
- Building a 3D Engine in Perl
- A complete tutorial for SDL
- Bash Scripting - from Basics to Advanced
- Inactive content: (C Programming):
- Programming in C, by A.D. Marshall
- The University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland.
- Formatting text output with ANSI codes
- NB >>> For ANSI console control look here. ANSI codes can be exceptionally useful in improving the appearance of your program on screen, and thus gaining marks in programming assignments! (The code samples are given in C).
- For ANSI samples without language coding, plus useful ASCII and other character and character-coding materials go here.
- Learn about checksums
- An interesting story.
- It's all true...
- About error-checking.
- Banking batch processing program When finished, submit your program on-line here, with paper supplement showing your design work.
- Assignment 02 (30%)